1 HP Solar DC Pump
Solar-powered pumps run on electricity generated by photovoltaic panels or the radiated thermal energy available from collected sunlight as opposed to grid electricity or diesel run water pumps. The operation of solar powered pumps is more economical mainly due to the lower operation and maintenance costs and has less environmental impact than pumps powered by an internal combustion engine (ICE). Solar pumps are useful where grid electricity is unavailable and alternative sources (in particular wind) do not provide sufficient energy.
The advantages of solar water pumps over conventional electric pumps are given below:
- Solar water pumps do not require any fuel or electricity to operate. Once installed, solar water pumps do not incur the recurring costs of electricity or fuel.
- Does not get affected by power cuts, low voltage, single phase problems or the motor burning.
- Can be installed in remote areas where electricity is unavailable or diesel is difficult to procure.
- Incurs low maintenance costs as solar water pumps have fewer moving parts as compared to a diesel-powered pump and thus, fewer chances of wear and tear.
- No lubricants are required for operation and hence no chances of water/soil contamination due to the lubricants.
- Easy to operate